Now I have many memories about our little town. My doctor when I had a fall, a hurt or pain he would let me come to his house where he lived. I liked him. He would always take the time to take care of me. I always had something. A scratch here and a twisted leg there, and I fell so bad with my roll skates that my bone split. But I had fun. I was a Tomboy.
One time I had gone to a friends house. They had an upstairs downstairs house. Well my friend was coming down the stairs while I was going up and we hit our heads together. We thought it was so funny. Well on my way home my nose started bleeding. Strange for me I never had that. But I did not think much about it. Next morning my ears were having all kinds of noises in them and I felt really sick. Every time I lifted my head my nose would bleed like crazy. Well when the doctor finally came I was told I had a really bad concussion. For 3 1/2 month I was not able to lift my head. Not at all, not even an inch. . It was a very hard time for me. Then I was able to go to school a few hours and slowly I was getting better. But whenever wind was blowing, my head would hurt a lot. I had to wear something on my head all the time. My mom got me the most beautiful scarfs. Till this day I have headaches when the weather is bad. You never think how something so insignificant can have such an impact in your life.
For the next few years we would go camping at the East See. I loved going there. We made some friends there who I still think of very fondly. Gerd and his Mom and dad. His Grandparents had a Farm not too far away. We went to see them every time we went to camp there. The Farm was beautiful. This is where I got to milk a cow for the first time. It felt so gross but the more I did it the better I got. I started to love Farm life. I loved his grand parents. I think they were the best you could have. I helped her make noodle soup from scratch. I still do it that way. With peas. They had a German Shepard named Senta.
My dad was so crazy about that dog that later he named his German Shepard Senta. When Senta was put in the house so she could not bother us she would jump out of the window to be with us. It was so funny. I had the biggest crush on Gerd. That never stopped. Once a year we would go there and it was always like we never left.
This was a great Area. Flensburg.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment