"is it store bought or from outside?" I could not bare thinking it was the chickens outside. You can really tell I was a city girl!
I had a girlfriend who lived 2 Apartment Buildings down the street. I believe in the 3 rd. story.
One day the weather was really bad. Rain, thunder, and lightning. It was so bad I hid in the closet. Believe it or not my mom joined me, she hated lightning because of what happened when she was a little girl. So here we are huddled up in the closet when all of a sudden we hear a huge noise "Kaboom"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***
And more noise and people screaming. We ran into the street and the Apartment from my girlfriend had been hit by lightning. Not just a little. The Apartment Building was split in half. One side was crumbled down and the other side was standing like nothing happened. The noise was unbearable. People running into the street yelling , crying, screaming. Some people were just standing there in shock. . Worse then any earthquake. I could see my girlfriends Kitchen standing there but her bedroom was gone. People were screaming so bad. My mom ran into our house and got a blanket. My girlfriend was standing in the street in her undershirt. She was just standing there. My mom put the blanket over her and just held her. Finally after a long time, we found her parents. My friend was late doing homework in the kitchen. If she would have been in her bedroom like any other day, she would not have made it. As a child nobody ever told me how many died and got hurt, I just know I hate lightning even more since then.
Well our time soon was over in this very interesting place and we moved to a brand new area.
There we would stay until the biggest change ever would come our way.
This is a picture of Gladbeck nowadays.
No comments:
Post a Comment