Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2-24-2015

After moving to our New Apartment,  life was great. I started school. It is a big event in Germany. I got a big school cone for the first day like all kids. Filled with lots of chocolates and candy.
A wonderful tradition I kept with all our kids and grand kids.
I went to the Evangelical school because the catholic school which was next to the Evangelic school would not allow me to go there.  We were not evangelical or catholic .There was a fence separating us on the playground. I had a friend who was catholic, so when we had recess we would go to the fence to talk, but soon we found out it was against the rules. So we waited until after school to talk.
I started having lots of friends where we lived. My best childhood friends name was Karin. She and I were always together. We even made up our own  language. Our Apartment came with a cellar so my parents made it so we could play there. We loved it. We came up with our own language right there.
Since I was getting older my mother would let me go with my girlfriend to get milk from the milk store. You had to bring your own container and they would fill it with milk. Karin and I would get the milk and on the way home we would swing the container around and around with the milk. And yes I stopped swinging it by accident and......the milk fell all over me. There I was full of milk, so I had to go back and get more milk. This time I did not swing it. In those days you had accounts at the store and my parents would pay once a month. That's why I could do it. Every time Karin and I were together we laughed and laughed. What a great friendship we had.We had a grocery store across the street from us. In the morning we would go in the back and get freshly baked rolls. Oh how great they smelled. By the time I got home I always had eaten some. I loved to poke a hole in them and take the dough out. Yep I loved doing that. Now my grand kids have inherited the gene.

This is the area where I lived in that time. The 4 houses on the left, the first house is where we lived.
On the left is my school Bodelschwinghschule. Behind there is my girlfriends Karin's house and the store Schmidtobreik.
I loved living  there. karin and I had wonderful friends there.We discovered boys here. Everything was so innocent in those days. Our clique was of Karin ,I ,2 boys named Horst and Georg. We called him. Schorchi. Don't ask me why I never knew that. We played volleyball almost every day at the School after we finished homework. I was very good at it. Yay me. We also played roll playing. We did like we were on a ship and pirates would try to kill us. Wow what imagination we had and so much fun. In the 50th and 60th it was OK to play like that. Our friendship was so close and I am glad I had such great friends.
.




No comments:

Post a Comment