Wednesday, March 4, 2015

3-4-2015

The Day started just like any other Day.It was my Birthday June 30th. 1964. and my dad is taking us to Frankfurt (Germany) to check out what you have to do to immigrate to the U.S.A. My Dad always had these out of the ordinary ideas.This one sure was. Mom told us it will be a fun trip! We had not been there before.We will see, was more what I was thinking.
We drove forever. We sang and tried to count all the red cars.
When we finally got to the consulate my stomach was growling. I was so hungry .My parents kept saying we'll only be a minute. Well we went inside. There was a huge room. In one corner was a place to take pictures, there was an examining room  in the other corner, really cool looking. And then there was an information desk,  a desk where translators were and in the way back was a store with souvenirs.
We kept standing in line for this and that. So boring. I kept thinking. This is my Birthday?
I kept playing with my doll I had with me." When will we go, " I was thinking.
We were sitting again waiting for something , when a lady said we could go into the consuls office. My mom said oh that is odd to just get info.
But ok.
Well ,we went inside to the consul. He asked a lot of questions to my parents about money and other personal things. I kept thinking that is none of his business. But when grownups talk, kids were quite. I would have never thought of budding in.
All of a sudden, he made us all get out of our chair, raise our right hand, even me and say "JA".
I almost laughed out loud.Then He shook my parents hands and congratulated them. My dad bowed his head and my mom just stood there. that was unbearable.We went outside the room and i was aloud to pick a  gift in the store. I got these dancing dolls. Now that was fun for a change.In the car my parents looked at the paperwork. and it said that we had until October 30th. to leave for the United States of America. there was a silence that was unbearable. I don't even want to know what my Mom was thinking.
Then my dad said"well at least we can still go on vacation.We started saying all the different places in Germany we wanted to go visit before we would leave Germany for ever and ever.
Suddenly it hit me, we were leaving home for good. No coming back once we left. My friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god I loved my friends. My girlfriend Karin and Schorschi and Gerd.
I got this feeling of throwing up. This can not be true .Oh what have they done!!




This is a picture of Frankfurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment