Sunday, February 22, 2015

2-22-2015

I remember another time when I was no older than 6. My dad decided to take us camping. I don't believe where we went could have been called a camping ground.We had to drive up a mountain. Round and round the street went. At times the street did not seem wide enough for our car.
I was so scared especially when I saw my mom was too. On the outside of the road you could not even see the bottom, that's how far down it went. No rails, so if you would have gone too far to the right you would have been tumbling down the mountain. All I could think was "We are going to die"!!!!!!!!!Mom and I decided to walk the rest of the way. I felt so much safer and did not mind the walk at all. We laughed and laughed and laughed. Not quite sure why. When we finally got the end there was the most beautiful place. Trees everywhere, green grass, hills, and a lake. What a sight. I felt Nature calling me. In the sky we heard the birds singing and playing around. Now I was in a camping mood. We found a cove down by the lake where my dad decided to camp. It was a great place. Here we could discover many adventures. Up on the Hill was a broken down cottage.It looked so creepy. All the windows were broken, wood hanging from the roof, and spiderwebs everywhere. It felt like any moment this old creature would come out of the cabin and snap you away.
We discovered another family had found this place too. Who would have thought?   Luckily it was a nice family. Especially the boys. The older one was so cute even I noticed. He was tall, gorgeous and talked with a dialect.When The boys went up the Hill to go to the Cottage I followed them like a little puppy.  Bodo the oldest boy went inside and then ....he screamed running out. We ran like crazy thinking the dead had arisen. But he was just scaring us. The lake was really big and so cold. I could not believe how cold. I only went in once. It was extremely deep and dark. You felt as if  Lockness Monster was lying deep inside just waiting to take a bite out of you. It gave me the creeps.
At night we all sat together around a campfire laughing and singing. Putting potatoes in the fire. Really tasted great. After a week every single day it rained and rained and rained. So my dad decided it was enough,  so we packed our things and put our huge tent together and till this day it amazes me how they got this in our tiny car. My parents had a car named "Loyd".




This is a picture I found from a site. That's what we had.
Since we were leaving the other family left too. When we got home we found out that if we would have left any later we would not been able to get out. The rain came so fast and much it filled the cove within a few minutes to the top.We all would have died. Needless to say we never went there again. But it was an adventure for sure.  My dad loved to travel it was in his blood and because of that we had lots of trips and fun.I believe he gave this to everyone of his grand kids and great-grand kids.I am so glad. No bordom for sure when you love new adventure all your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment