Saturday, February 21, 2015

2-21-2015

So many times I started to write about my life, but every time I tried to put the words on paper  I could not find the beginning.Where do I start?  That is the question! So I will begin where it started for me. 
I was born in 1952 in a small town in Germany. As luck had it I had wonderful parents who  loved me and wanted me. I was born at Home with a midwife.You can hardly imagine that nowadays. But it was the time where people were riding bicycles , Our Milkman had Horses and a buggy to bring us the Milk direct from  the farmers.The streets were made from bricks, no one had a phone yet and we were lucky to live in a modern place. We had a radio that my parents always listened to wonderful shows. It is amazing that people got along without technology like today.
My father worked in the coal mine.In those days you took any job you could get.  But he always  even in those days,  had something on the side to make money.It seemed like every time you looked around he got hurt bad. But my parents always made a happy home.My mother was a great influence to me throughout my life.Whether life was giving me obstacles or was full of laughter and joy. She always was there to listen, laugh, or talk to me.
The first thing I remember is when I was 2. It was a very hot summer and my mom was hanging up clothes on a clothesline. I was riding a tricycle and fell smack off the bike and hit my teeth.My poor 
little mouth was bleeding to every vampires delight. My dear mom ran, yanking towels from the clothesline to stop my bleeding. I still can see her face like it was today. 
At 2 I had a boyfriend named Peter. I always say he saved my life!This summer of 54 it was so hot that these little black flies would crawl on your arms. Don't ask me what they were called. All I know is that I hated them and I would scream when I would see them.I was outside playing when all of a sudden I saw those bugs all over my arms.I ran screaming and yelling trying to get to my mom. When Peter ran behind me, his little 2 year old hands trying to get the nasty bugs off of me. They erked me so bad. But he saved my arms. There sure are no more Hero's like that around. It warms my heart to think about this special moment. I wonder if he even knows what a kind and memorable deed he did.
When I was 5 we got our first T.V.Black and white and in a console. Nobody can imagine what a big deal that was unless you lived in that time.It was a super event for the whole family. In our case we had it delivered. After this day we were never again without this wonderful invention. It has changed a lot over time . Our T.V. was in a console so people could not see what it was. A lot of churches did not like it and said it was from the devil. Including our church. Many people put the T.V. in their bedroom. But not my parents they put it smack in the living room where everybody could see it.I felt like royalty. My parents taught me always to stand up for what you believe. The T.V. went from black and white to color . Then the shape of the T.V. changed, then the thickness. and lets not even talk about how many channels nowadays and all the different films. We started off with only 2 Channels. 
Yes it was a great time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment