Our drive home from Frankfurt was so silent you could hear a pin drop. Everyone of us was in their
own thoughts. My stomach was turning. Wow what a Birthday.
When we got home we went to Bed, it was a hard Day. Before I fell asleep I heard my Mom crying.
It broke my heart. I knew it was because my Mom did not want to leave. My dad always had fun
when we were doing something new. His Adventurous nature made Life fun. But this time it was
something really big.
When I thought of America I thought of Indians and cowboys and old run down Towns. It was kind
of scary, yet exciting. What would this new Land be like? Are people running around with guns like
in the Cowboy movies ?Or is it the wild wild west? What do people eat there? All these questions
were going through my mind. But the scariest thing was not knowing the language. America seemed
so far away. Not like nowadays where you are there in no time at all.
From now on everything we did was with moving on our mind. We could not take much so it was
very hard to decide what to take with us. We thought about this all the time. My dad tried for us to
still have a lot of fun. We went camping, visited friends and family and did those things that we
would never be able to do again. My mom decided to give me a going away party. What a great idea.
So we started to plan who to invite and when to do it. We decided to do it a week before we would
leave.
Then my dad ordered a huge crate for us , so we could pack and get all our thing in it. When it got
there it was such a hard thing for the men to bring it to our Apartment. We lived upstairs in the 3rd
story. No Elevator of course.
This box was so big I could walk inside and play.
All of our possession would go inside here.Wow that is not a lot for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment