While I was walking around the ship I went into one of the stores. It had a beautiful bracelet with German pennies. I was so excited. I found out they only took German money not dollars in that store. My parents got all the rest of their German currency together so I could buy it. But it was not enough. Some of the people on board heard about it and everybody tried to help. How sweet was that. Mr and Mrs. Katsch gave me the most. I was sitting with them a while and listened to them tell me something that stayed with me forever. She told me that this was her second marriage. Her first husband was very handsome and tall and everybody thought he was the most handsome man ever. But she said he treated her very bad. Was only concerned about himself and what he wanted. She continued telling me, my husband now is not very handsome to others , not very tall, does not make heads turn but he treats me like a queen. She told me to always remember this, its what's in the heart that counts not what others see on the outside. I always thought about that and even told my kids about it.
Well I finally got all the money together to get the beautiful bracelet, which I still have. I was showing it off to everybody. I was a happy camper. I still can't believe all these strangers were so sweet to me and helped me get a bracelet. My parents talked to a lot of people after that. It was really nice. I got to know many other kids to do things with. I loved going to the movies a lot. It did not cost anything and it was so much fun. I never got to do that before. I would sit on the lawn chair and look at the sky. It was so clear and the workers would give me a blanket cause it was cold in October. I felt so grown up. I loved to explore the ship. How exciting. There was never enough time to see all.
Everything was going well until one day we woke up and it was so scary!
My beautiful Bracelet
No comments:
Post a Comment